STEAM Classes for Preschool
What will children do?
- 90 minutes of STEAM exploration!
- Learn a new Science or technology concept each week
- Build a Knex model that brings the science to life
- Participate in an art activity that strengthens the learning further. They will explore multiple art media like clay, water colours, pastels, collage, origami etc. throughout the term
- Innovate and extend the designs taught
- Communicate and share their thought process and ideas
What skills will the children learn?
- Biology and Physics
- Problem-solving and 3D Design thinking
- Creativity and imagination
- Multiple art techniques
- Visual spatial skills like object orientation, horizontal and vertical axis, symmetry, right and left etc
- Observation and attention to detail
- Concentration and focus
Where, When and Cost?
- South Melbourne Community Centre, 1 Ferrars Pl, South Melbourne
- Classes run weekly on Saturdays – 11:00 – 12:30pm
- Starting 3rd August, ongoing till 7th September
- Cost – $180 for the term or try the class for 2 weeks at just $60!